Thursday, May 14, 2009

Intensity, this summer

WHEW, that was quite a game! Wings 4, Ducks 3... It was so intense I could hardly stand it. Seriously. Next up, Blackhawks!!!

My students have been asking me how I made it through this year. The conversation continued, and they asked if I'm going in during the summer. Well I have all of these ideas about everything I'm going to get done in all that free time (3 months' worth!).

I can plan new projects, actually organize my room (I did it on the fly back in August and changed things as I needed to but I crave some REAL organization), clean the back room (there are papers from the early 90s in there and books from the early 70s), paint my room (maybe? it's dark blue right now), go through all of the books in my 4 bookshelves (I took over about 10 inches of space total - I can't wait to have more!!), clean out my desk (there are still some things in there from the previous teacher) [I can't believe I'm admitting all of this!], hang up some of my posters (yeah, lots of the walls are empty), etc...

But when it really comes down to it, I don't know how much time I'm going to spend in room 202. I might put a day's worth in each month. Or more. Or not worry about it until August. Or just when it rains. We'll see, and that's the great part about it. It's up to me and no one else :)

Kelly's in town! A year from now she'll be an EYE DOCTOR! I'm really proud of her and amazed that one of my good friends is going through school to be a doctor. and it's awesome when she comes to town because we get to reconnect, even when it's been three months, four months, six months. Doesn't matter!

No comments: