- "I wrote a lot on that test. It means I did bad. If I write a little, then I know what I'm talking about."
- "Just warning you ahead of time, this is going to be bad!" (Today was test day)
- "Mrs. H-------,...." (I keep correcting them, they keep saying it...)
- "The Japanese were different from the Chinese because they are located in different places."
- "They made meat out of dead rats and ropes" (in reference to The Jungle by Upton Sinclair)
- "Are we watching a film or a real movie?"
- I have a closet in the back of my room. It's a really old school, and I believe it used to be a cloak room (back in those days...). I keep the door closed, and the other day (for the first time ever), it started creaking open, a little bit at a time about halfway through a class. The students started freaking out (it was making creaking noises everytime it moved). I was sure someone was hiding in there or something (although I couldn't figure out how they could've gotten in without me knowing). It was nothing, but now the students are convinced I have a ghost...
I have a few more that I know I wanted to put on here... but it's 10:30, 2 hours past my bedtime and I still have to pack for a weekend away... my brain is fried -- I've already worked over 48 hours this week... blah.
But the good news is after tomorrow, the school year is 1/4 of the way done! and I'm still surviving. For the most part. :S
I get to see my sister and brother-in-law for the first time in three months! The last time I saw them was on their wedding day...
And another brother (Bob) is flying in to watch my brother (Peter)'s game on Saturday afternoon!