Sunday, October 11, 2009

Philosophy

I'm enrolled in an online Theoretical and Philosophical Foundations of Education class for my Master's Degree and I'm halfway done :) with the class. (Not my degree.) Doesn't that sound like fun?? It's not so much, but I am (a little bit) enjoying being on the other side of education again... no grading, planning, answering questions, etc. Just learning.

Mentally I divide my school year up based on events going on throughout the year and on Friday we passed up the first one. The first part of the year is over :) The next one is early-mid November and I have a lot going on between now and then so I have a feeling it's going to go by pretty quickly. Have I mentioned this year is going a lot better than last year? I'm not nearly as overwhelmed, I feel like I have better lessons, and I can relate to the students a lot more (I know them and they know me).

Ready or not, here comes the second "chunk" of the year. Starting tomorrow.

No comments: