Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Opening Day

Oops, it's been awhile. I've been really busy but today I have some free time so here I am...

For a minute I'm going to tell you what I've been up to in the last week. Wednesday was Veteran's Day and our school puts on a ceremony for the local veterans and community as a whole. That's one of the jobs of the high school social studies teacher, so that means me. This is my second year doing it and I really wanted to make sure it was heartfelt and meaningful so that the veterans could see that so many of us are really appreciative and thankful to them. It's a big task because you don't want it to be "so-so" or "okay." Needless to say, I was completely focused on that until it was over at noon on Wednesday. It went really really well. My students did an awesome job ~ I was so proud of them. There were many different pieces that had to come together to make it successful and all of the practice and preparation was worth it because it all did come together.

That was the big thing for the week, but once that was over I had to focus on training some of my students for a presentation the principal wanted for some parents on Thursday and Friday. Then I had two more presentations to do on Thursday afternoon and parent-teacher conferences were Thursday evening and Friday afternoon. Plus all the regular teaching, preparing, and grading. I was exhausted on Wednesday, hit a wall on Thursday, and by Friday my head wasn't really into it anymore.

Then Dave came home :) It's been a great weekend!! He was away for two weeks this time but might be here for longer than a few days (I'm crossing my fingers).

Michelle was up here for a week with the babies. It was so wonderful coming home from work to hold them and visit with Michelle. She went back today.

Now, happy hunting to anyone who is going out.

No comments: