Sunday, June 21, 2009

Life is good

I find myself saying that a lot lately. To myself or out loud to my friends. For the most part they agree with me. How great is it when this phrase goes through your mind/pops into your head multiple times a day?

Today was one of my favorite days of the whole year (and it is every year). I think I'm going hoarse from singing so much. It's so comforting and such an amazing feeling when people come from all over, the church is packed and hundreds of people are singing together. It's such a safe place - physically and mentally.



I'm trying to enjoy the sun without the harmful effects and be more cognizant of what the sun can do to me and my skin. I've been okay with sunscreen in the past, but definitely not where I should be. This is definitely high on my list of priorities for the summer. Today was a good start for me - my first beach day and I reapplied SPF 30 three times. I still got a little bit of color but didn't get burnt and I didn't stay in the sun for too long. Only about three hours. I'm thinking that by the end of the summer it'll be second nature (remembering to reapply, don't stay out for too long, etc), but I'm going to have to work to make it that way.

No comments: