Friday, July 13, 2012

The weather

Its kind of funny. When Dave and I were home last week, lots of people asked about the weather here. We said it is pretty much the same as at home. A couple of times this week I've checked the weather at home, and it's always within a degree of here. Today we're both 83 degrees. Maybe that's not too big a deal, but last year we were in Kentucky for the summer and it was always 15 to 20 degrees hotter there than home. There are similarities in the areas, most notably the proximity to Great Lakes. That probably is the biggest factor.

Dave and I are thinking about switching hotels. This one is pretty nice, kind of old but it was remodeled in 2009. We generally like the location. It's close to Starbucks, Target, Chipotle, and a grocery store. I was getting out at least once during the day, but I came really close to getting hit by a car on my way to Target the other day. I was in the cross-walk, waited for the signal, and got about halfway across when I saw this silver car bearing down on me. She was speeding up pretty good too. Her window was open so I yelled/screamed and she swerved out of the way, yelling out the window at me. I was shaking pretty bad after that so I stopped at Starbucks to get my favorite (relatively pregnancy-friendly) drink, Green Tea Lemonade. It helped, at least a little bit. Anyway, I'm pretty reluctant to venture across the busy, 5 lane street again.

We found a much nicer long-term stay hotel a couple miles from here, but it's not in the best location. There's a couple of things within walking distance so it's okay. It looks like the food is much better over there too, so maybe we'd actually eat more of it. We cook all of our own food here, even when they serve dinner in the dining room. What should we do?

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Scary! I'm glad you're ok!

Anonymous said...

How scary!! So glad you are ok!! Hope this new hotel works out better! ~Renee