Monday, April 23, 2007

Too long!

Okay, it's been way too long since I've been on here! But I do have a good excuse. I'm sure you've all heard about the "Nor'Easter" we had last week... well, we had some really bad flooding (all over Connecticut, actually), and our basement flooded. and that's where my computer was. So it was flooded as well. I'm now at the library trying to catch up on everything. There's a lot to write on here, so here goes:
1. Katharina and I went to the wax museum in NYC last weekend. It was really, really cool! I think the best part was I got to be in a picture with George Washington and Abraham Lincoln! :) We left the city early, and it was a good thing we did. That was the day the big storm started, and about an hour after we left the city, all of the trains stopped running! So we would've been stranded in New York for the night. Ah!
2. Katharina, Tamara, Ellen, and I are doing a 42-mile bike tour of New York City on May 6th! It goes through all 5 boroughs (Manhattan, Queens, Brooklyn, the Bronx, and Staten Island). We're not going to race -- we're treating it like a fun day biking around the city.
3. B-E-A-utiful weather here!! I'm burnt from a long day in the city yesterday. We participated in a scavenger hunt for au pairs and nannies from NY, CT, and NJ. Over 300 people participated, and we placed in the top 6! :) Then we relaxed in Central Park (walked around, layed on the grass, played catch with a football...) for a few hours before going to see Legally Blonde: The Musical on Broadway! It was so much fun, and highly entertaining!! We didn't stop smiling the entire time, and for about an hour afterwards.
We met a couple of girls at the scavenger hunt, and had lunch with them at the Bryant Park Cafe. It's an outdoor restaurant, the food was great, and everyone was really just happy to be there together. The sun really perks everyone up!
4. I'm really, really looking forward to the girls weekend in Chicago! Just a few more days and I get to see Mom, Heidi, Kristin (& Jason!), and Julie. (I'm still crossing my fingers that Katz is coming, and that I might see Shelmz for a minute or two before she heads to Florida with her friends.)
5. Making plans with Mom and Dad about Memorial Day weekend. That's going to be another really fun weekend! I have so much to look forward to!
6. Congratulations Mom and Dad on your "adoption" of Nelson! :) (aka Buddy?)

WAY TO GO RED WINGS!!!! I stayed up late last night watching SportsCenter for updates on the game. I only lasted until the end of the 1st overtime. So the first thing I did when I woke up this morning was turn on SportsCenter... and I was so happy to hear about Johan Franzen's 2OT goal! :) YEA Wings!

No comments: