Thursday, August 7, 2008

YEA :) Back in CT!

I wasn't going to come on here at all, but I have a few minutes on the computer so I decided to make a post from Connecticut. Especially since this is where my blog originated, it's supposed to be about my life here (from the title and web address), and the whole reason I got one was to keep home updated on life here.

NYC was so so awesome yesterday! Sarah and I met on the steps of the public library (just a couple of blocks from grand central), immediately went to Starbucks (of course!!), got lunch at one of the popular NYC delis (yum!), and just walked around midtown. We ended up in Central Park (looking for shade -- it was roasting and sweaty!), just walking around, looking for different places to sit and catch up. It was great because it felt like it was last summer -- like no time had passed. We just picked up where we left off and enjoyed each other's company. We were up by the Bethesda Fountain (in Central Park), and decided to do something neither of us have done before. So we rented a row boat and went all over The Lake for about an hour. We struggled a little with the steering, but it was a lot of fun and a lot of laughs! :)


One of the views from our lovely rowboat.
We then ate a late lunch at the Central Park Boathouse (very cool atmosphere, but the food wasn't the best) -- it's in "P.S. I Love You" and about a million other movies.


Whew! Then I got on the train out to CT, and this portion is for another day. I'm running out of time...

Until then ~~ have a wonderful week!

No comments: