Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thoughts

I didn't mean to take such a long break... our internet at home was down for about a week, then school started again. and for awhile I didn't want to update until I uploaded my pictures, but when I finally did that, the internet was down.
HAPPY 2009!!! A couple weeks late.
  • The four-five days while everyone was home was hectic!!! Going, going, going not just for Christmas, but the two days before and after also. Visting, games, games, visiting. Home videos from 1989 and beyond. Just awesome!
  • A couple of pretty great get-togethers with friends. Friends who have been there since, oh, about second grade. :)
  • New Years was fun this year. I talked to a couple of the people we went to NYC with last year, so we had a good time reminiscing...
  • This post is boring.
  • The first day back to school (Jan. 5) was a SNOW DAY!!! what a way to go back to school! I was ready to get back to work... but I'll never complain about a free day off.
  • EXAMS this week. That's a first for me. I've taken my share, but never given them before. It's hard to guage how long it is going to take them to take it. If it's too many short answer questions. If I was way too easy on them. If it was at all challenging. Or way too hard. Two down, four to go -- Wednesday and Thursday are half days so we teachers can have some time to grade the things. If you think it's hard taking one, imagine making it, then grading 100 of them in a week. :S
  • The good news is that after this week, I'm

HALFWAY done with my first year as a teacher!!!!

  • I've been going over and over in my mind my reflections on this first half of the year. I think I should write them down and get them out. Maybe a future post on here. We'll see.
  • Snow. whew! I don't remember a January with this much snow before.
  • My New Year's Resolution is to not work more than eleven hours a day. I'm not doing so great so far, but it'll get better. Right?
  • I'm sad I missed John and Tahnee's wedding this past weekend. It would've been way too quick for me so I had to stay home.
  • On the plus side, though, I had some quality time with Jules (snowshoeing), Katz, Peter, and Heidi.
  • Hope the winter blues aren't hitting anyone -- try to make some time to get outside and enjoy this beautiful snow!!

2 comments:

Greta said...

Hmm...you seem to have forgotten about our quality time together watching "what i like about you"! :P Really though, we should hang out more often!

Greta said...

By the way, I hope your week isn't too stressful! Crazy that you're already half-way! :)