Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Frustrating!

This is kind of last minute, but it's something I've been working on for awhile. I just should've asked sooner. We just got done studying the French Revolution, and for a long time I've been looking for a good movie to watch about it in class. and I just keep striking out!! Ergh! There are so many movies out there about so many (useless) things - why can't there be a good one about the French Revolution? Marie Antoinette is sort of about it... but I don't consider that a good movie, and I don't want to waste two days on that. If the plot was better, it'd be good. It'd be good for the students to see the clothing and Versailles, and some of the basic things, but it's not worth two class periods.

Any ideas anyone?

Maybe I just have to work harder at finding a good one. I just don't know movies very well, and I've asked my students for help, to no avail.

Okay, that's pretty random. Just thought I'd throw it out there...

Some of my students in US History are putting together a play for a World War II project. They're doing the Battle of Stalingrad, and they're getting pretty excited about it, making props in wood shop and finding quotes from generals. They're doing a run-through tomorrow, and it's due Friday... I'm hoping for a good show!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Umm... Sorry, I'm not going to be of any help. But I was going to say that I always did like movie days. No work... Yessss! : ) Good luck, hope you come up with something.