Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday:: Groundhog Day!

I'm excited because today is another link-up with Andrea at Momfessionals.com. It's "Show and Tell Tuesday" today! She came up with a blog post subject for every other Tuesday for all of 2015 and today's is "Groundhog Day." To be specific, what day would you go back to to live over and over again.


I've been thinking about this a lot over the past week or so. Many different days have popped into my head, but I kept feeling like it wasn't the right one. 
Last night I came up with the day. 

Specifically, July 3, 2009. It was the day after my first date with Dave. I had been helping out my sister after she had twins and that day I was going home. Home was 8.5-9 hours northwest. It happened to be where "home" was for Dave, too. He was working in Mexico City that summer and was back in Michigan for the weekend. Going into that weekend, he wasn't sure what he was going to do for the weekend beyond go on a date with me on Thursday (July 2). He had a couple ideas in mind. 

Well, we happened to really hit it off on our first date! We went for dinner at a Thai place. Talked a lot. We went for a walk. Talked some more. Got coffee. You got it - more talking. Neither of us was ready for the night to be over, so we went to his house and - yep, had lots to talk about. One of the things we talked about was the next few days. He decided to go home. I asked for a ride. 

Our second date was a 530 mile drive to the other end of the state! And that's my Groundhog Day. That's the day I'd like to live over again. The drive ended up taking about eleven hours because we didn't want it to end. It was a leisurely fun drive, getting to know each other.  It really kind of set the tone for our relationship, because since that day we haven't stopped traveling. I look back fondly on that first trip when we both knew something good was happening. :) :) That day was really the start of the best thing that's ever happened to me! 

We didn't take any photos that day, but here's one from that weekend. So young! 


Stop by tomorrow to see where we've been living! 

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Awwww sweet! Sounds like a great day :-)

Heidi said...

Wow!! Time flies!