Monday, August 31, 2009

There's no in between

I just spent all summer relaxing and enjoying myself and truly being off. Last week one day, the switch in my mind was flipped to school-mode and I haven't been able to shut it off since then. It was crazy - I was completely relaxed, still in summer mode one day and the next day when I woke up I was back to Karen the teacher. Not just going to school for 4 or 5 hours to get stuff done, but more like 8 or 9 or 10 hours. So my summer vacation ended two weeks before the start of school. That's okay though because I feel so prepared for this year (I'm comparing it to last year....) and I'm really excited to see my students again. I got the class lists today and I can already tell there's going to be a couple of more challenging classes and one especially that's going to be awesome. The jury's still out on the other ones.

First day of school tomorrow!*

I'm ready!


*For teachers. Kids don't have to go back until September 8th. Are they lucky or what? :)

No comments: