Sunday, September 13, 2009

What a difference a year makes

I'm back!

Last week was the first week of school and Dave was in town so I took a little hiatus from this page. He was up here for ten days and for awhile there it didn't feel like long distance. He left this afternoon for one more month in Mexico (3 down, 1 to go!).

So far I can't believe the difference between a first year and second-year teacher. Last year (if you've been reading this for awhile you might remember) I worked from 7:30am until around 8 or 8:30 every night and on the weekends, had no social life and was just plain exhausted most of the time. Last week it felt like a whole new career. I was done by 4:00 every day, things went smoothly, and I didn't have to go in this weekend. I'm all caught up on my grading and I know what I'm doing during every class this week. :) :)
I put in some quality time the last couple weeks of summer so I'd be ready for these first two weeks so next week won't be quite so easy. But I'm loving it :)

No comments: