Last week I did my Friday Favorites (from www.momfessionals.com) and so I thought I'd do it again today.
1. I love big families. I'm so lucky to have 5 sisters and 4 brothers. Now that we're all adults, some of us have families of our own. My boys are do lucky to have cousins to play with. I'm so lucky because when something tough happens, we can all help out - In many ways - and sometimes the most important is emotionally. I'm thankful for Dave's big family, too. We have lots of fellowship with each other, can lend helping hands to each other, and again, my boys have so many cousin buddies!
2. On Saturday or Sunday I made a list of everything we still need to purchase for our house project. The cool thing about the list is it's all finishing stuff! Right now we have someone mudding/taping the drywall so we are getting close to painting. This is a really fun part of this building process. :)
3. Aiden's naptime is a great part of the day for me. I'm busy with both boys but they're definitely at a stage where I can enjoy them. So I try to get on the floor and play with Aiden after breakfast. We laugh and play cars usually. Then I really appreciate when he goes for a nap. Today he asked for milk, so I got him a sippie of almond milk. I was on the couch with Anders, and Aiden started fussing and pointing toward his bedroom. I got up from the couch, Aiden picked up a book and started walking to his room. I gladly followed and put him up into his crib. :) we've struggled with naptime and getting Aiden to sleep for a long time, so that really put a smile on my face.
4. I went to some college basketball games last night for the first time in a year. I brought my boys and picked up Heidi, Wesley and Colton and then Rayna also. She was a huge help! My alma mater won both games. A fun evening for sure! When I was in college and for a few years after, I hardly missed a game. It was fun going back.
5. Tulips!! Dave was supposed to fly out on Monday but because of the bad weather, all of the flights were cancelled. He came home from the airport with a gorgeous vase of red tulips! What a wonderful surprise! I sure am a lucky girl! We thoroughly enjoyed our extra day together too. It was an unexpected bonus :)
Rudy entertaining Anders. It was so cute!! They both couldn't stop laughing.
Grandma & Grandpa H with Anders and Daniel. The boys are six days apart but look about three months apart. Anders is just really big!
Before we had kids, I used to have parties for our nieces every few months. Life's a little busier now but I'd still like to continue spending fun times with our nieces. It used to be parties with these girls's big sisters. I can't believe how fast they're growing up!
Little fun fact: first party in the new house :) who needs drywall or floors (haha!).