Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!!!

I've spent the last few days trying to figure out what day it is...and what state I'm in...

And finally, I have it all figured out. It's Wednesday, January 2nd and I'm back in Michigan. Here's a rundown of my past few days:
Saturday, December 29th: Leave town at 4pm, drive all evening and night
Sunday, December 30th: through Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Nyack, and into Connecticut. Train into NYC :)
Monday, December 31st: NYC all day, TIMES SQUARE for New Years!!! along with four friends, some Brazilians, about a million other people, a bunch of singers, a famous ball, 8 tons of confetti, and some sweet fireworks! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008: leave the city, drive home through a lot of snow
Wednesday, January 2, 2008: arrive home!! we actually got back and went out for breakfast before the trip ended. (A good sign that we weren't sick of each other, right?!)

So, that made up for over 2,000 miles of driving, about 40 hours in the truck, 7 hours in Times Square waiting for the New Year, 48 hours in the city all together, about 450 photos, some delicious cheesecake :), and the BEST NEW YEARS ever!!

If I can pull my act together enough, I'll post some photos on here.

Thanks Liz, Anna, Scott, and Peter! I had a blast!

No comments: